Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lesson Learned -- the Hard Way

I had a difficult reminder this afternoon why it was (and is) so important to keep checking your bank and other financial accounts -- someone broke into my Paypal account! They were busy helping themselves to $250 from my bank account when I noticed...not that the bank cared. ("You get lots of deposits and withdrawals from Paypal -- how would we know?" the clerk said rudely. This was after, of course, I'd mentioned the problem. Eventually they grudgingly agreed to refund the overdraft fee, when Paypal sent the money back.)

Fortunately, Paypal had flagged the transaction as suspect, even before I called. They shut it down. I changed the password. (Plus passwords on my other accounts -- all are different now.) Things are looking up.
   So do me a favor. If you haven't checked your financial accounts lately, take a minute and make sure all's well. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...