Thursday, July 8, 2010

Today -- and Beaker!

It's been a strange day...gloomy out, and cold. (I'm not complaining! I'm not complaining! It's wonderful to be chilly, for a change!)

I spent a lot of it cleaning. (Not that the house needed it...:)  Supper was tacos, thanks to the Rockies' amazing 9th inning last night. They're two outs down, behind 9-3. Nearly everyone has gone home, and it's started to rain. Then out of NOWHERE, they start hitting...and hitting...and hitting...including a 3-run homer by Seth Smith. The endscore? 12-9...game is Rocks! I still don't know how they did it.

They did it again tonight -- but took a few innings to accomplish it this time. WOW.

One of the best places to hang out when you're in a peckish mood is Youtube...I bumbled onto this wonderful Beaker (from the Muppets) version of Beethoven's Ode to Joy. (It won a Webby award for best musical.) Husband does a great Beaker imitation when he's in the right mood. He also does a terrific chicken impersonation! If you're a Beaker fan too, try this one, wherein he copies himself... has too much coffee...and ends up being everybody at show's end! (You'll have to watch it to understand.) I love the Poor Boy guys, as well. I'd ask Husband to serenade me tonight, Beaker-style, but he is not feeling well -- and losing his voice. Guess I'll have to "meep" myself to sleep, instead.

For more on the greatest lab assistant in the world, try Beaker's Wiki entry. You'll find the graphic below there.

No comments:

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .