Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Big Apple, Here We Come!

Dirty dishes in the sink. A pile of clothes drying on the line. Stuff everywhere that needs to be dealt with...


Tonight about 1 a.m., Daughters and I will be headed to New York City!
The primary focus is the annual PAAQT appraisers conference. (A good group, by the way, for learning more about your textiles). But after I'd registered for that, I got invited to a national bloggers summit. Lots of open houses, lots of new products...we're all looking forward to that one, too!

While I'm in class, or visiting an exhibit, or touring backstage at an auction house, Daughters will be bombing around...no doubt they'll find something to keep themselves occupied. (Plus they are under instructions from Mom to find us cheap tickets to a Broadway show.) This is the first time in years that we'll be together on vacation (ok, for me it's also 'work') without it being serious family business...or my having to teach or give a lecture. Whoo hoo!

I'll check in periodically to let you know how we're doing. In the meantime, paperwork is calling my name...

image from New York City Vacations: take a look for ideas!

No comments:

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .