Saturday, September 18, 2010

Getting Itchy...

Husband Dave actually went into the office on Friday....yay! He came home exhausted, and has spent most of today resting, but he is definitely doing better.
   I am so grateful.

Spent most of this week cleaning up and putting stuff away. The house was full of dusty piles of papers, clothing that needed to be folded and put away, stuff like that. I took a room at a time -- throwing stuff away (2 garbage cans' worth), filing the taxable receipts, and rearranging things as I went. Sweeping, cleaning and dusting followed. The living room -- the kitchen -- we now have clear surfaces! This hasn't happened in months...

Trying not to wonder about the medical bills which will be coming in soon. I've read a couple of books about people who lived homeless, as a reminder that this too will pass...and worrying about it won't help. I even found a blog, ImtheWorkingPoor, that deals a lot with living on a miniscule income. (Donna Freedman's blog has tips on the same subject, but handles it more cheerfully.)
   I found several Christmas presents for the girls at great prices this week -- one, from a store that was closing, was especially incredible. Was God reassuring me that we'd be ok? That He was aware and caring about us and our situation?
   I think He was.
   We've been short before -- we'll handle this ok. Dave's getting better, and income is coming in again. Orders have picked up for Brickworks, too. I've got some ideas for homemade presents. Fall is finally starting to kick in, in spite of hot temps and forest fires around here...my favorite time of year. The Hawaii cruise looms -- two weeks of spending time with Mom, strolling the circuit, and four days of teaching.
   It will be all right.

1 comment:

Donna Freedman said...

Thanks for the link love. :-)

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...