Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Picking Up the Pieces

You've been so patient with me...thank you. And thank you for your kind comments. I'm not unaware at how close I came to losing my husband.

Dave came home Saturday afternoon, in time to watch Michigan (barely) beat Notre Dame. Ever since, he's been on the pill version of the antibiotic: the pills are about $35 each! (On the other hand, that doesn't seem like much now, since Hospital Standards kicked in. We both know a big bill is coming, and our deductible is huge.)

In spite of an occasional fever and getting exhausted easily, he gets a bit stronger. Every day. Thank God. He actually put in some time today on the computer system he's been working on...a good sign.

In the meantime, I've been picking up the pieces leftover from trying to cram business stuff in the tiny bits of time I had after hanging out at the hospital. That's getting better...but somehow it doesn't matter that much right now. Just waking up next to a warm back is far more important.


You should be hearing more from me in coming days.

No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...