Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Plans

Well, it's shortly after midnight. And I'm looking at a sinkful of dishes, as well as Mr. Turkey, waiting for his debut this evening.
    But wait, you ask. Isn't Thanksgiving THURSDAY?
I know. It is. But we're invited to friend Constance's house...and she's making everything but desserts. Yet Daughters #1 and #2, who will be spending the day, would love a take-home doggy bag of the traditional stuff.
    And they'll get it. Two nights in a row. I love leftover stuffing and turkey breast, too.

Take a peek at Grocery Coupon Guide's aim to make a Thanksgiving dinner for six for only $1 -- total. (And he's accomplishing it.) I laughed myself silly at his adventure while digging in the Safeway trash cans for coupons.
     One time, I came into Washington, DC for a gig -- and to visit the Smithsonian backrooms (and write an article about their textile storage areas). I came by train...it was a long trip, and I was exhausted. My pickup hadn't arrived yet, so I found a corner and sat down on my suitcase. I was too tired to read, too much in a strange place to sleep, so I just stared off into space. Must have looked more bedraggled than I thought -- because someone tried to give me a buck, in sympathy!

Making a pecan pie  (pronounced "pay-kan" by Darling Husband, whose North Carolina roots demand proper pronunciation), as well as a cranberry-apple version, will be in the doings tomorrow night. I hope to get Daughters to watch Plymouth Adventure with me...an event that's already been greeted by deep groans and sighs. (No doubt that means excitement!)

    A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...from us and ours. Enjoy.



No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...