Friday, November 5, 2010

Trying to Get Everything Done

Husband and yours truly found ourselves facing off tonight over something silly. He'd had a long day at work, and both of our computers are acting up. (And we don't know why.) As for me, I'd been trying to cram cleaning in around piano lessons, business stuff and trying to help out for Caryl May and James' wedding tomorrow. (We still don't know for sure when Daughters are coming in, and need to be picked up from lightrail, though I have a better idea now.) Plus I got a nastygram from someone who completely misunderstood my actions (not to mention my motives) about a situation.
   After we got done snarling at each other, I apologized and explained why I was frustrated. He explained why he was frustrated. And at least we're talking better now.
   The cousins called -- they're in Boise, Idaho. They figure 14 hours to Castle Rock, since they're going slower than usual. (Mapquest says it's about 12 hours drive.) They won't leave until 7 a.m. tomorrow morning.
   Hope sprang in my breast. That would put them in town probably about 8 or 9 p.m. The wedding is at 5 tomorrow; reception at 6 p.m. I should be able to stay through the wedding and a good-sized chunk of the reception, with no worries. (Dave and the girls can stay as long as they want.)
   This may work, after all, with God's grace.

No comments:

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...