Thursday, April 14, 2011

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells...

Yes, the Weather Powers That Be have decreed that we should totally ignore the calendar. It has nothing to do with the real world...which is snowing!
   Ah well. My plants hopefully will just take a snooze under the white. The ground's still warm underneath. And they've been sooo thirsty lately. Any moisture, liquid, solid or otherwise, is welcome.

From the "I Can't Believe This, But I'm Thinking About It" Department: Allow a company to paint their ads on your house...and get your mortgage paid every month the ad's up there!

And for you serious types,  JD's (of Get Rich Slowly) methods for making money -- a little here, a little there, it adds up. I believe strongly in his "multiple streams of income" notion; I do it myself. (In fact, am headed to Boulder tomorrow to see both girlies...and use my Michigan accent to read instructions for a company that's testing GPS systems in cars! One hour's work: $50.) It never seems like a lot, but even the smaller 'streams' -- piano lessons, surveys, the occasional catering job -- pay many a grocery bill.

And a very funny story of a basset hound who suddenly transforms.
     Charley and Jack are tearing around outside, chewing at each others' ears. So now I have dust (still on their coats from yesterday) AND mud. I am ignoring it. It does not exist.

Back to work on the taxes...

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...