Sunday, June 19, 2011

A New Treasure Hoard Found!

Whoa...two million dollars-plus found wrapped inside telephone cables on their way to Venezuela. This Mexican grab netted boxes and boxes of folded U.S. currency.

Our weekend's been a lot more peaceful than the week preceding it. The usual chores and such, but the carpet and nastiness from downstairs is finally in the dumpster. The basement now looks stripped and deserted...but our friend Thommy can soon pour a new concrete overlay that will make it look much better.
   As soon as the walls are stripped out, that is. We found out Friday that mold is not the only problem we have to contend with -- the coating on the walls tested positive for aesbestos. (The house was built in 1968, after all.) That means at least $2000 more than planned to pull it all out and contain the area...but it will be Taken Care Of, and we can sell the house without having to worry about it.
   A couple thousand more, on top of the rest of the costs...maybe I should go looking for more telephone cables.


2 comments:

Kathy said...

Stumbled onto your blog via looking for your book "Hanky Panky Crazy Quilts." I'm just starting to quilt and I love the way you teach.
It saddens me to hear about the things you lost in your basement. I hope you're able to salvage more today.
Blessings, Kathy

Cindy Brick said...

Kathy, thank you so much for the kind words --
well, everything that's salvageable is done now. It could be worse, it could be better. I'm just very glad to get rid of the stinky carpet and fabric piles! Smelling that odor really wears on you after a while, especially when you know it's your stuff that's doing it.
I have learned so much through this process, and will be more sympathetic to my clients that have had to endure it...I promise!
You can find Hanky Panky via the Brickworks website: http://www.cindybrick.com
thanks for visiting -- I hope you come back soon.

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .