Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday - Back Home

Although I had a GREAT time at the Black Canyon Quilt Show  and really enjoyed myself. These three guilds (that make up the show) have a lot of really good workmanship skills, but even better, they have heart. Even when no one knew who I was, I was consistently greeted and shown kindness.
    Thanks, Ladies. (And a few gentlemen!) Thank you for sharing your time and thoughts with me. I'm better for it.

We took a turn on the four-wheel drive roads around Yankee Boy Basin, then drove the five hours home, with storms chasing us all the way. It's been a busy week for that in Denver -- but then again, we can always use it, floods and all.

    We came home to three very happy dogs and a house that looked like a rabbit warren. (Unfortunately, some of the clutter was from us...including the dishwasher.) I've been weeding and washing and ironing, resisting the urge to settle in a corner with a cup of coffee and a good book. (Maybe later, for a bit.)


     It's nice to be home.


P.S. Basement Update: The aesbestos guys are gone, and the tests came up clean. (Thank God.) Now to have the Servpro guys finish their job, so we can move on.

No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...