Monday, August 29, 2011

Whew...

Like you, I've been watching the doings about Hurricane Irene. Husband grew up in North Carolina near the coast, has vivid memories of his dad putting up plywood to protect their windows, and notes any weather activity in this area with interest.
    I have a good friend in the Charlotte area, friends in the guild there, as well as friends in New York City...and well, I'm just curious.

It was a huge relief to know that while they're dealing with flooding, trees down and such, the End of the World, Roland-Emmerich-style, has NOT come.

I was proud to read that the soldiers guarding the tomb of the Unknown Soldier did not falter, in spite of the winds and rain.

Now time to pick up the soggy items, nail back the shingles, and start cleaning up. ..






No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...