Thursday, September 8, 2011

Making Money - Fast

Fifteen quick ways to make money -- this columnist has some good general ideas that feature the old standbys like Ebay and Craigslist. I'd probably do some extra writing on Textbroker -- it wouldn't be the easiest way to do it, but steady writing would accomplish a lot.
    Daughter #2's chickens are finally starting to produce eggs. Around here, good quality organic eggs bring a lot. Perhaps selling produce from your garden, if you've got one? Green beans, tomatoes -- all of these would do well.

Further thoughts, besides Selling Something You Already Have:
     *Babysitting  (including nursery work for some church or social functions -- many hire regular babysitters)
     *Filling in for someone on vacation
     *Baked goods sale (best at somewhere like a church, or near college students, a playing field, etc.)

Or do something you're skilled at -- for me, it would most probably be appraisals.

I've been enjoying the work here in Houston, but struggling with a problem: insomnia. I feel exhausted, but cannot seem to get sleepy until after midnight. (Last night, it was nearly 2 a.m.) But once I sleep, it's restless -- I have strange dreams, wake up a lot, and wake up to check that I haven't overslept the alarm, etc. This isn't too bad for a night or two -- but I'm been struggling with it for at least two or three weeks, and it's starting to wear.
   While here, I've been swimming for half an hour at night. That seems to help; so does a cup of hot pomegranate green tea. I've been drinking coffee at supper -- need to stop it.

Any ideas you've got in this department would be appreciated. Two more nights here, then it's home again.


2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Coffee does it every time for me.... and exactly your description: even if I go to sleep, it's a restless sleep. I've set 4 p.m. as the last time I should have coffee or tea. Never drink sodas, so that's not an issue. Chamomile tea before bedtime REALLY helps.

I also have been taking Melatonin ever since I found out that it helped me sleep the night through. After menopause, I'd wake up at night and not be able to go back to sleep. Look up Melatonin.... I haven't found anything but positive things about it. One doctor's report claimed it is virtually a "stay younger" pill.

Cindy Brick said...

Thanks for the tips, Yvonne -- I'll try them! Deliberately didn't drink any coffee tonight...and I do feel more sleepy.
The only problem with chamomile -- I don't care for the taste. (What a pantywaist.)
Menopause would affect the sleep thing?? I have been going through that...plus a really nasty spring/summer with lots of stress. I'm sure the latter would have something to do with it.
Thanks so much for writing.

Spring Is Here... And Updates

       We have now lived in Fort Garland for five months. It's been interesting to see how spring arrives here in the 'High Desert:&...