Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gearing Back Up

I took Daughter #1 to the airport this morning...she's headed to Portland, OR for a 10-day retreat: no talking, checking the computer or whatever -- just thinking and meditating. Can she do it?? She seems to think it's possible!
    Then she's headed to spend a few days with our cousins, and visit our uncle, whose cancer is progressing rapidly. I'm glad she's going now.

In the meantime, I've been unpacking boxes and trying to figure out where the heck I am. This skipping back and forth in time zones isn't helpful. Your body can't process the food (or especially water) very well at first -- and what time should you feel sleepy? Who knows!

Lots of people have goals and resolutions for this bright, shiny new year. I'm betting you have them, too...let's talk about them tomorrow.

In the meantime, take a look at this very funny set of photos -- polar bears investigating the submarine USS Honolulu, as it surfaces. Hopefully they figured out it wasn't a whale...

 

No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...