Thursday, May 3, 2012

Places to Go, People to See, Things to Do

It's been a tad zany around here.
     Yesterday, I spent the morning appraising for a client with a huge Civil War era collection she's donating. Her boxes, all 20+, were in a storage area -- and heavy. By the time we got done opening and cataloguing, my arms felt like gorillas were sitting on them.
     Add to that some hours of quilt restoration, and...
     The house looks like a bomb went off. The garden needs weeding. And I plan to spend afternoon and evening downstairs painting in the main room.
     I know. Gripe, moan, complain. 
    On the plus side, two of the restored quilts I've been working on are clean and ready to go out the door. The main room is actually ready to paint. (Took a lot of sanding and washing to get it to that point.) Found a steal of a rug at our local thrift shop, after looking and Craigslisting for ages. And the chicks will be here in two days!
     While I'm working (and muttering to myself), take a look at an interesting graphic, "Six Simple Ways to Avoid Burnout," over at Trent's site,  Simple Dollar. Some excellent basic advice on overdoing it, and how to cope  -- yes, I'm paying attention.



No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...