Sunday, December 9, 2012

I'm Still Here (How 'Bout That)

It has been a ZANY weekend.

    Friday -- Accidentally locked myself out of the house, without the house keys and my laptop. (Sigh. The back door that should have been open, I locked, instead.) Fortunately, I had my wallet, car keys and pen/paper. Two different sets of appraisals -- one in early morning, an hour's drive away. Plus meeting Daughter #2, and doing some shopping for the business. Gave a piano lesson. Shopped for stuff for the seniors luncheon. (See below.) Went out to eat with the Brick and friends. Returned the vehicle we'd been borrowing. (Our second car gave up the ghost -- down to just one now.) Staggered home. Watched a movie, went to bed.
    Started at 8 a.m. - finished at 11:30 p.m.

    Saturday -- Couldn't sleep - got up at 3 a.m., read a book until 5 a.m. Did a luncheon for seniors - 37 came, and all got plates of cupcakes to take home, in addition to a full meal, entertainment and so on. There were several others to help, but I was in charge. That meant keeping all the balls in the air -- food cooked on time, and done right, while I kept things generally rolling; tables to set up and decorate; cleanup done, with everything wiped off. 
    Started at 7 a.m. - finished at 2:30 p.m. Came home and collapsed. (Afternoon naps are wonderful.) Know I did stuff afterward, but can't remember what. Started snowing in early evening.

    Sunday -- Six inches of snow overnight, and the temps dropped like a rock. Felt like I was coming down with something, but I'd agreed to help a friend and sing for her on Worship Team for church. Fed the chickies (who refused to come out in all that chilly white stuff), got the car cleaned off and went to practice. Early. Sang for two church services. Came home, made lunch and ate it. Collapsed. (Another nap - plus the Sunday paper.) Cleared off the mantel. (No Christmas decorations up yet, thanks to being in Michigan for a week. Need to do it.) Then grocery shopping, tea with a friend and this.
    Started at 7 a.m. - finished at 11 p.m.

So glad Monday's coming. Maybe I can get some rest!


No comments:

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .