Sunday, June 9, 2013

Attempting to Keep Up

I spent the night in the hospital.

More succinctly, I spent Friday night in the hospital -- after I hung out in the emergency room for a few hours first.
    It's the Brick again...and kidney stones. 

Four in his left kidney (which isn't acting up) -- three in the right one. He passed a big stone Friday morning, then a real hours later, the pain reappeared.

Ever since we got home from Vegas, the Brick has been hurting. He's been able to take sick days to at least rest a little.

I, on the other hand, have commitments. 

Good friends who have an insurance agency hired me to mind the store while they're on a cruise. That goes into next week, as well.

I have a big quilt restoration that badly needs to be finished.

Writing deadlines.

Appraisals to do -- especially a big batch of them on Thursday.

And the usual stuff -- but alone, since the Brick is headed out of town most of this week.

Little sleep, and feeling like I'm being pulled in a million directions.

Thankfully, the Brick is feeling better. But what if he gets worse again? (At least he's got meds this time which should help.)

I am hoping that won't happen. Got stuff to do.


No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...