Thursday, November 21, 2013

First Big Snow of the Season

It's here!

We've got about a foot of snow...and it's still coming down. In addition, it's cold, cold, cold.

Which reminds me -- be careful what you wish for, because you may very well get it.
    (See the traffic cam close to our house here.)

Other than a few brief forays, the chickens have refused to come out of the coop. Not that I blame them -- they've got a heat lamp in there, and the air is warm. I even put in a fresh pumpkin (they love pumpkin) and a pan of warm beans.

Ironically, one of the other sites I write for, Penny Thots, just happened to publish a post I'd written on what it felt like during the first snow. Today, of all days!

A fire in the fireplace, chicken enchiladas (and beans, of course) for supper, and we're warm in here, too.
     Thankfully.

     More snow predicted tomorrow. Good -- I've got lots of inside work to finish up.






No comments:

Lessons Learned From A Gunslinger: The Redux

      I wrote this post for another website years ago...but it's worth visiting again. And yes, Paladin and we are still buddies.      W...