Friday, August 14, 2015

Keeping Up -- Moving On

Still working in Cheyenne...but it's getting better. Another long and difficult situation has been resolved...not in Cheyenne -- these people are wonderful. But in another part of my professional life. (Thank God -- and I mean that literally.) I didn't have much time to think about it today, though -- we were really hopping today with appraisals, and several extra people came in to ask about them
     Two more days for the Cheyenne Heritage Quilters show -- but only one more for me. Then home.

Looks like I'll be back here in January to do some more appraising. I'm glad to do it... but Wyoming, you need your own personal appraiser, too!

Just saw a fascinating interview with Jon Krakauer, the journalist who climbed (and nearly died) on Everest, then wrote a book about it: Into Thin Air. He has some advice for a kid who'd like to do the Seven Summits:  
       Don't do it. Don't climb Everest. "I wish I'd never gone," he says.

Go here for the live interview.



Krakauer was also in the news recently for a stinky mistake on Denali. It turns out that you are not allowed to leave your personal waste on the mountain, without bringing your own can, or cleaning it up with plastic bags, doggie-style.  If you don't -- that's a ticket.
    Poor guy. Can't anyone take a poop out in the boonies, without having someone watch you with binoculars?

Better that than dithering about potato seeds, I guess. 




No comments:

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...