Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hayden, Coeur d' Alene...And the Floating Green

I'm back from Idaho. It went great -- wonderful people there. And they're now starting to get into Crazy quilts! (I'm sorry for giving you yet another reason to become packrats, friends -- but you'll love it.)

Came back exhausted, and took a few days to recover. This pneumonia is long gone, but an irritating cough shows up when I get tired. And I tire very easily.
    Gripe moan complain. It could have been worse. Mustn't grumble.

While I was there, my gracious hostess Carol took me to Hayden Lake (which was the headquarters for the Aryan Nation for a while -- something she didn't tell me). We also visited Coeur d' Alene Lake, which has a golf course near it. One of the greens is out in the middle of the lake!



According to the Deseret News, the 'Floating Green' is actually man-made, made up of heavy foam pieces and anchored to the lake bottom with pylons.
     My question: how would you recover the ball, if you sliced it into the lake??





We visited the Bear Paw Quilting shop, too. I just had to buy some fabric while we were there -- professional courtesy, you know.
    Don't miss a stop at Capone's, as well. They have some of the best pastrami I've ever had, encased in tender homemade rolls.

All in all...a very pleasant visit.

No comments:

You Go, Kids!

  More great 'wholesome' posts via Bored Panda .. .