Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Headed Home

    Caught Amtrak in plenty of time this morning, thanks in time for The Mama's predilection for being anywhere Early. As in Really Early. When you're talking a 6 a.m. departure, that translates out into getting up at 4:30 a.m. Fortunately, they go slowly enough (!!!) that there's plenty of time for sleep.

     The good news: my plane leaves hours earlier than I'd planned.

     The bad news: it's not the plane I had a ticket for. 

I couldn't understand why, last night, Frontier wouldn't let me print out a boarding pass. They were showing I had a seat.

Called the Brick to tell him I was on my way today. He said, "What do you mean, 'Wednesday?' You're supposed to be flying home right now. I was just heading to DIA to pick you up."

My ticket was for TUESDAY. Not Wednesday. Ironically, I'd just survived a long, bicker-filled day with The Mama, who made it abundantly clear that she wasn't happy with me, or any ideas connected with me. I'd spent the entire day wishing that I could go home.

And I could have. 

Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

So the Brick booked another plane fare. (I'd already paid for the Amtrak ticket to Chicago.) It's not as much as it could have been, but it's money gone. I will throw myself on the mercy of Frontier when I get home, and hopefully get a credit. To use on the next flight to check on The Mama.

Who, no doubt, will appreciate the effort just as much as she did this time. 

I've been praying, asking God for wisdom in dealing with her. What's next? What should we do? I guess I need to ask God for wisdom to know how to deal with me, as well.

 I feel exhausted.


Dog tired, I guess...



No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...