Sunday, December 4, 2016

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...Something

     We got home from our anniversary trip, just in time for me to pack for the Colorado Quilting Council gig. It was great fun -- after all, this is my home guild, and I know many of the people in it. The class was smaller than I'm used to. So they got extra attention and goodies, as well.
     Three of my appraisal clients have been waiting patiently for me to finish up with all this folderol. Then it's on to another collection Monday afternoon. Once I get this work done, I can relax a bit. Then finally we can decorate the tree we cut this past week, up on Crooked Creek.



A bargello quilt, easily accomplished with careful cutting, sewing and a jelly roll mix of fabrics.  (From Let's Quilt Something)



The latest on our quilting friend, Libby Lehman.  (From Caring Bridge)

Twelve bacon appetizers. Need I say more?  (From Who Needs A Cape)

Yeah, Baby...

One surprising thing you should do while thrift shopping.  (From Apartment Therapy) A number of helpful links are included in this post, too.

"No Irish Need Apply" WASN'T a myth, in spite of a retired history professor's insistence that it was. The person who proved him wrong? A high school student.  (From Irish Central)
     Being part-Irish myself (and all mutt, basically), I take this very seriously.

Wells Fargo doesn't want any part of the lawsuits against it for faked accounts...because, the bank says, customers agreed to no arbitration when they signed the paperwork for opening an account. Does this whole mess stink? To high heaven.

Mousey knitting patterns.  No, I am not making this up. Better on the needles, than in the house! Btw, the Brick caught two more en residence -- both behind the stereo speakers. The stinkers.  (From In the Loop Knitting)




How to make powdered sugar. I don't think I'll buy it readymade again. (From Hundred Dollars A Month)

Some of Shirley Temple Black's personal items are being auctioned off.  Auction's Dec. 6, if you're interested. And in her honor:



A new blog I've just started reading: Cycling in the Sixth Decade. Seems like this woman has bicycled everywhere.


Hopefully your decorations are up and out. Have a great week.




No comments:

Frugal Hits & Misses: March Report

 This has been a tighter month than most -- due in great part to some unexpected truck expenses. Last month's property tax payment sucke...