Sunday, May 7, 2017

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: Laundry and Other Delights

      Thanks to other jobs taking precedence, I've had an especially full laundry basket the past few weeks. We seem to get dirtier as well, lugging stuff around.  Doing the wash, though, seems almost futile -- because in a day or so, it's full again. (Dishes come in a close second.)
      Who's wearing this stuff... does Charley the dog sneak in and try on things? I sometimes wonder.





Living the 'pre-solvent' life.   (From Surviving and Thriving)

Killer Bigfoot in North Carolina?  This is one weird story.  (From Phantoms and Monsters)  Speaking of:

A thermal image of Bigfoot?  I dunno...this seems pretty convincing. It's just like a wild animal would act while hiding. Filmed in 2008 -- not sure where.



Honey-bourbon chicken, made in the crockpot. Oh my.  (From Hundred Dollars A Month)



Great food-saving hacks...making sure you don't waste a thing, including your money.  (From The Simple Dollar)

Eleven cool things about "The Far Side." Did you know that one hapless newspaper switched captions with Dennis the Menace and TFS -- twice?  (From Mental Floss)

Are you over-cleaning?  Mr. Money Mustache thinks so.

Frugal homemaking lessons from the Great Depression -- Part II  (From Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth)

An entire forest of tree patchwork tree patterns -- for Christmas and other times. Including this circle quilt at We All Sew:



The Temple Mount Sifting team made their fundraising goal. I'm so glad -- they were in danger of being shut down. Yes, I encouraged you, Gentle Readers to donate. But I put my money where my mouth was...I donated, too.  (That sounds a little gross, doesn't it...)

And one of the most relaxed songs I've ever enjoyed:
    "It's A Great Day to Be Alive" by Travis Tritt



Have a good week.



No comments:

But I LIKE Oysters...

  'Overheard a conversation about people talking about rich people and weird foods, and eventually they started talking about oysters.  ...