Monday, April 16, 2018

Monday Stuff On the Way to Other Stuff: DONE

Yes, Gentle Readers, the book is finished. I am so glad. 
   (well, finished in the sense that my writing's done. There will be editing and other changes, no doubt. There always are.)

We've finally solved our mousie problem outside, too. No scitterings for a blissful week now.
I leave tomorrow for Nashville, to meet up with 21 enthusiastic Australian quilters. I'll tell you about it as we go.
    But right now, I need some sleep.


Using gutters to add to your greenhouse's growing capacity. I'm flirting with an adaptation of this for the trailer.  (From Hundred Dollars A Month)




15 celebrities who vanished. They're still missing!

35 villains -- and their childhood photos. Most look like any kid...

10 unusual panhandlers. Including one that gives money, instead of taking it.

Feed yourself for $20 a week. (From Delishably) Plus:

This one, on the same subject.  (From Cash-Only Living)

Paul Lynde's best one-liners -- vulgar warning -- but funny.




The biggest coin treasures ever discovered.  (From Cool Weirdo)

Gene Kelly and Singing in the Rain -- a look back by his widow, dealing with some of the movie's myths. Fascinating. "I wasn't very nice to her [Debbie Reynolds]. I'm surprised she still speaks to me," he said on one occasion.

How will the California Resale Act affect artist values? Appraisers are going to need to know.


Bigfoot takes on the Air Force!  A wacky but intriguing Colorado story, involving a BIG Bigfoot and a U.S. Air Force helicopter, up in the Rockies. (Start watching it about 3:25, and you'll skip a lot of this country yahoo's musings. He's done by 7:30, but launches into another interesting story after that.)




Ten movie moments prescient of  actors' lives years later.  (From Listverse)

All I can say is:
    Winston Churchill was right.


Have a good week.


Baby Doe - my buddette  (Wikipedia)

No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...